Margus Voll

LG 38" Class 21:9 UltraWide for gui

I wonder if anyone has used subject for gui on Resolve?

I know it is a bit ridiculous for resolve but i have other things also in mind like Fusion for that station
and lare display would be good there just not sure how well Resolve would handle it.

Native resolution is 3840 x 1600.

Two issues i would see is curved panel and rather large dimensions and one has to think where to put
video monitor and scopes.

Any ideas i wold be grateful.

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-38UC99-W-ultrawide-monitor

I have my scopes on separate screen as well as i use scopebox and not internal scopes.

As i'm "jack of all trades" i do other stuff to and i feel that more screen with better resolution would help a lot.

Even in resolve when doing masks and such i feel that i need more and more room compared to my current 24" single display.

Some users say that curvature is brilliant.

There would be to put scopes on top of the main monitor but then i would have to look up more.

I hate the curve because it affects the "flatness" of horizontal lines in the interface. I have done exactly two features in a 21x9 display and my neck was broken at the end of the day because I was getting whiplash having to turn off to the right to see the keyframe display (which I use heavily in Resolve). I don't think it's worth it -- I think a nice big 27" 2550x1440 display is huge and shows me everything I need to see, and then a smaller 19" display off to the right for scopes. I may go wild and get a 16x9 display for scopes at some point, but at the moment, I'm using a crap 4x3 display because that's what we used for about 20 years (actually, 17 years in HD). 

The third display for me is a 40" plasma, probably to be updated with a 4K OLED or something later on in the year when things settle down. I honestly think this works fine. If I was in a big room, I'd go for two 27" displays, split the GUI, and then drop the scopes down and in front of the console, with a projector head on in front. 

I was thinking of dual 27" also but not decided yet. Price difference is marginal some 300 dual 27  (3840 x 2160) vs 38" 21:9 (3840 x 1600). In resolution with dual gives larger desktop for sure. 

I really feel that i need more space on regular workspace (color page) as i tend to do a lot of masking and i need more room for that.

As i do other things as well like sound mixing and Fusion large screen has it's benefits.

Will rethink this single 27 for now. Thanks!

BTW. It is cool to see you here!