Resolve Collect copies source files used in a DaVinci Resolve project (Media Pool or Timeline) to a single destination using a DaVinci Resolve Project (.drp) file from V9, V10, V11, V12 and V12.5

New in 3.2
- Canon MXF spanned clip support
- Sound when copying is done

To download the new version visit http://www.niwa.nu/resolve-collect/

• Like 3

You can already do this within Resolve without any external software using the Media Management menu (File/Media Management). This allows you to copy/move all the media in your project or just the media used in one (or all) of the timelines in your project to an archive directory/disk.

Does 'Resolve Collect' have any additional features?

• Like 2

Hi Bruno,

Yes you can use the Media Management tool in Resolve. I wrote Resolve Collect before this tool was available in Resolve. One of the advantages of using Resolve Collect is that you can continue working in Resolve while copying the footage. 

I usually conform, save a drp, start copying footage with Resolve Collect and start working on my grade (even when it's a bit slower because I still link to the disk that is used to copy from). Then when the copy is done I use "change source directory" to connect to the new copies.

• Like 3

Resolve Collect only copies R3D files. There is a trim option (with handles) when you use file-sequences.

The reason for me not trimming is that each trimmed clip has to have a unique name and path. This means that the original drp won't relink to the original filename and path. I could rewrite the drp and keep things in sync that way. The problem is though that BMD changes the file format for almost each major release and that means that it could happen that I break something else in the drp, since I don't have any official documentation how to write a drp. Reading is one thing, writing is a whole other ballpark.

• Like 1