2 hours ago, Nicolas Hanson said:

Mocha Pro is a standalone app but it also comes bundled with After Effects. A typical workflow is to generate the tracking data inside Mocha but to do the final composite elsewhere. It's definitely capable of handle complex skin situations.

Unfortunately the light version included with AE doesn't have the "remove" panel. I really want to experiment with making the clean plate in Photoshop and seeing how well Mocha Pro interpolates the data (especially the match lighting feature). If I get a chance to play around with it, I will report back!

• Like 1

I would also advise anyone using Mocha with After Effects to take a look at MochaImport+. It's essentially a script that you install in AE that adds a lot of extra functionality to the tracking data that gets brought into an After Effects layer.

Take a look at this link that describes the features...

https://mamoworld.com/mochaimport-mini-tutorials

I can particularly recommend the Stabilized Precomp function. It's something I've used on many occasions.

Edited by Bruno Mansi
  • Like 2
On 1/22/2018 at 2:04 PM, Bruno Mansi said:

I can particularly recommend the Stabilized Precomp function. It's something I've used on many occasions.

This. I can't imagine having Mocha Pro/AE and not owning MochaImport+.

On 1/22/2018 at 4:04 PM, dermot.shane said:

Mocha remove is in the Resolve BCC ofx package

To be clear, Mocha tracking and masking is embedded in most Continuum and Sapphire filters. 

Mocha can drive the BCC Remover filter (found in Image Restoration group) which is essentially a clone based on Mocha tracking. 

Mocha Pro (standalone or plug-in) has the Remove Module which has a more advanced Remove Module that uses temporal frame access to remove objects, wires and create clean plates. More info found here: https://borisfx.com/videos/mocha-pro-remove-module-quick-look/

Last note: Mocha Pro OFX is supported in Nuke, Fusion, Vegas & HitFIlm. For Resolve, the Remove Module is not supported in Resolve yet due to Resolves OFX implementation. 

Edited by Ross Shain
  • Like 1

I finally had some time to download the demo of Mocha Pro and try out the "remove" features and was very impressed. With just a few clean plates on a shot I was able to remove a blemish as the subject turned her head. It really seems to do a great job with matching the light as well. I have to say I'm surprised Adobe didn't think of this first considering Mocha is using a similar technology to the "heal" tool to interpolate between the clean plates. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdIbciXqgic

• Like 2

Glad that you liked Mocha Pro's Remove module. Yes - interpolating clean plates is a powerful way to clean up and remove objects over dramatic lighting changes without  manual keyframing. 

Again, inside Resolve as OFX plug-in, Mocha Pro's remove module does not currently work. This is due to the way Resolve gives frame access to OFX plug-ins. However, the Remove Module does work in the Mocha Pro stand alone application OR the Adobe, Avid or Fusion plug-in. 

• Like 1
On 11/21/2017 at 11:37 PM, Anton Meleshkevich said:

I made a frequency separation tree in Davinci.

Here is a .drx with the node tree (and some how-to-use pics)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lp2FQFX4NaPFv9NHtD-dOwLdqzbVmcxZ

- Select Skintone on MASK node (mask is inverted)

- Adjust Blur on DETAIL node to keep detail (More blur to keep more high freq detail)

- Adjust Blur or MD (works better than Blur) on LOW node to adjust low freq.

000654654.thumb.jpg.823474a7a1e8c7c25b7ac65b9ca0d793.jpg

The brain node...is it a parallel, layer, or key mixer? Or kindly export me a dpx file, the drx wont import, thanks.

Edited by Adéyẹmi
17 hours ago, Adéyẹmi said:

The brain node...is it a parallel, layer, or key mixer? Or kindly export me a dpx file, the drx wont import, thanks.

It's a compound node.
Import (right click on stills window empty area) - jpg file type - open skin_retouch.jpg

Edited by Anton Meleshkevich
On 4/8/2017 at 7:31 PM, Abby Bader said:

Tonal skin rendering is controlled by how we blend the three channels, so you should treat them seperately if you want fine control. The blue channel represents detail, and red tends to have smoother tones than green. You can use this insight to adjust the values to your liking. You could also blur different channels.

Hey, Abby. Could you explain how you do this?

On 1/27/2019 at 9:57 PM, Craig Harris said:

Hey, Abby. Could you explain how you do this?

I guess it's several ways to split the channels but something like a splitter combiner node or channel boolean should do the trick.

• Like 1