Hi! 

I love this community and I wish to introduce myself. 

I started being a freelance junior editor, while getting a degree in Editing and post-production at Ravensbourne in London in 2015, and I am working for online publishers such as TimeInc uk and a few others independent companies, but I have also assisted and worked on grading jobs and I would love to develop as a professional colourist. I am not having much luck in finding a starting position (even running, even if it might be harder now that I am not that young anymore) in places I deeply love like The Look or Coffe and Tv. Would you consider doing an ICA 5 days training good value for the money / a good investment career wise? 

I was specifically thinking about this: 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/colour-management-for-film-and-tv-productions-tickets-26587539045?aff=erelexpmlt

Have a lovely day and thanks for any advice! 

• Like 1

Hi Sebastiano,

There is no one greatest course which you could pay for and bring everything best from there into your work and become pro. Everything worth which helps you move your steps forward. Just use it and do your best. If it opens to you so open to it. In other words if you got a chance use it and don't ask.

• Like 1

Those trainings depend what you already know or do not. Some find them helpful but some say privately that not so much.
Tom has excellent point here getting connected directly. I would take it. Hands down better investment than 10 trainings.

• Like 1

I have done the colourist strategy course a few years back, and at the time it was incredibly helpful, that course was really helpful with ways to approach a number of areas. Ultimately how you grade is going to be up to you and trial and error but the course did equip me with some good fundamental ideas and notions and also reinforced i wasn't going to far wrong!

• Like 1

I missed the deadline for 2016/ 2017, as I only discovered it 10 days after. The problem with this amazing course, is that they had fundings for two years and they still have to secure them for another two years. It would have been great, also because it would have meant seeing another big post-production market in Berlin. 

Thanks Artem!