Evan Schneider

New Color Reel

I love the tint of cyan in some of your shots and the nice roll off on the highlights. I would consider taking out the back lit shot of the girl in the wood because of the keying artifacts. The ambient light from blue skies should affect the surroundings as well so the shot looks a bit artificial.

Edited by Nicolas Hanson
5 hours ago, Nicolas Hanson said:

I love the tint of cyan in some of your shots and the nice roll off on the highlights. I would consider taking out the back lit shot of the girl in the wood because of the keying artifacts. The ambient light from blue skies should affect the surroundings as well so the shot looks a bit artificial.

Thanks for the feedback Nicolas. You're right about that shot, and I think it's also some compression artifacts. Regardless I think I will switch it out!

2 hours ago, Tom Poole said:

Kill the wipes to raw man. Who cares what the raw looks like? You've got some solid looks in there, but the wipe disco nearly gave me a seizure.

Thanks man! And good point, I was including them mainly for people who don't understand what color can do to show a good before/after. But totally agree some of them are way too fast. 

On 11/30/2016 at 3:07 PM, Evan Schneider said:

Thanks man! And good point, I was including them mainly for people who don't understand what color can do to show a good before/after. But totally agree some of them are way too fast. 

I'm not sure if that's the sort of clientele you want to be attracting? Your show reel is an advertisement for yourself, not a demonstration of what color correction can do. Just a point to consider.

Otherwise, excellent work man.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kristopher Paterson said:

I'm not sure if that's the sort of clientele you want to be attracting? Your show reel is an advertisement for yourself, not a demonstration of what color correction can do. Just a point to consider.

Otherwise, excellent work man.

Actually, a lot of my clientele are just beginning to understand the importance of color. With smaller budgets and faster turnarounds, usually the color process gets kicked to the curb with them, or they end up just throwing on a LUT in Premiere themselves. 

So in a way, I want my color reel to be both an advertisement for myself and a way to show how important color is. And hopefully they'll consider investing in a good grade.