James Conkle

Combining Multiple Delta Keyer Nodes (Fusion/Resolve)

I'm in the process of keying my first green screen project (yay) and I'm trying to combine two DK nodes, but I can't figure out how to make that work. 

The subject is wearing "green" which will eventually be keyed out, but it's different enough from the background to (I think) warrant to keying two "color" selections.1283562724_ScreenShot2019-08-28at9_53_52PM.thumb.png.a04270d835d54f9fb4565596f27ada6c.png

This is my feebled attempt and totally know that's now how a merge node should work, but the introductory Fusion course on here only got me this far...

1343751869_ScreenShot2019-08-28at9_56_05PM.thumb.png.5c0b64b82c79f59c5e97919c877cfdc3.png

Edited by James Conkle
Accidental Key Press
44 minutes ago, James Conkle said:

I'm in the process of keying my first green screen project (yay) and I'm trying to combine two DK nodes, but I can't figure out how to make that work. ..

You can probably get away with a single Ultra Keyer and target the lighter green. However, you can always combine the outputs of two keyers with a Merge tool, like so. Each Ultra Keyer can target a different screen color.

Screen Shot 08-28-19 at 07.41 PM.PNG

14 hours ago, Lee Lanier said:

You can probably get away with a single Ultra Keyer and target the lighter green. However, you can always combine the outputs of two keyers with a Merge tool, like so. Each Ultra Keyer can target a different screen color.

I tried playing around with different Merge Operators - "In" seemed to do what I want but it's created a slight "edge" to everything. Lots to learn still with keying! 

On 8/29/2019 at 10:36 AM, James Conkle said:

I tried playing around with different Merge Operators - "In" seemed to do what I want but it's created a slight "edge" to everything. Lots to learn still with keying! 

Generally, you don't have to change the operator - but one thing you may need to do is add a mask to each green screen tool to limit what area of the frame each tool is working on. Otherwise, one tool may negate or cover up the result of the other.

Hello, I'm trying to do this same thing. I'm in Resolve 16 - in the Fusion tab - and I have one MEDIA IN that I'm applying a Delta Key node to in order to key out a green screen. However I would like to apply another instance of Delta Key in order to grab the edge of the green screen which is a darker value. I can't get rid of it in the first Delta Key node without losing the phone in the hand of the person in the shot. How do I combine these two nodes? I've tried merge but literally nothing happens. Help! Please and thank you!!