Szymon Ronowicz

Lee Lanier's tutorial on paint fixing

Guys, help! I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but I'm stuck at lesson 5, at the very beginning. My tracking is all messed up despite being completely done as in tutorial. Tracker "box" doesn't stick to tracked area (just tracker marker [center point? The one with vector arrows] do, the box however doesn't stick to the pointed area and ends up all over the skateboard). I tried with both DR15 and 16.

Furthermore, polygon also doesn't stick to tracked area but goes exactly like tracker box. What am I doing wrong (still, I'm doing step by step as tutorial guides me). Is there an important option I need to turn on to make tracking usable?

Edited by Szymon Ronowicz

The Tracker is sensitive to the sizes of the search and pattern boxes and the exact placement of the tracker center. That said, the word on the skateboard should be fairly easy for the tool to track. Try adding a new Tracker tool and scale the tracker boxes down so they do not extend past the skateboard edge.

As a test, I applied a new Tracker tool to that footage and tracked with the default settings and it worked just as it did in the video. I'm using Resolve Studio 16. 

• Like 1