jon

Patch replacer with colour correction?

Was just wondering if there was a way to add a colour correction to a patch replacer node? I'm sampling a clean section of wall over a darker section of wall to remove a plug but need to darken that same area to blend in. Is that possible? or does that require an additional node?

I have generally duplicated the shot on the edit page and then cut in a shape with an alpha to cover up the flaw, then color correct on that second clip to match levels, and then soften the shape to make it blend in better. Patch Replacer essentially does the same thing automatically, but without the benefit of manual control. Both are useful under the right conditions.

Thanks Marc- yes I’ve seen this technique also and like you mention gives more flexibility with colour corrections. Just seemed strange to me that there wasnt a simple way to darken/lighten the new area within the tool. If say I needed to remove 10 different plug sockets in a shot would you be duplicating your clip 10 times in the edit page? Just wondering if this becomes more heavy, processing wise, than say having 10 nodes applied.