Tim Nauamnn

Mastering Color Course good?

I've seen this course and I think it's fine for those who are starting out.

It's more of an overall perspective, including interviews with working directors. There's even a lesson where both the colourist and director take their cameras out, shooting video in a park, whilst talking about general issues with dynamic range, clipping etc.

It's not so much about the theory of colour, but more about a personal approach to the problems one might experience as a colourist.

Although Ollie Kenchington is seen working on Resolve, It's not really a course specifically designed to teach you on how to use the software.

If I remember rightly, he even talks to a couple of colourists working in high-end, London (UK) facilities.

For the experienced colourist, it might be interesting to see how a fellow colourist approaches a job, and the working relationship with his clients.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Tim Nauamnn said:

Can u pls explain why? 

I just think the promo was dull and it was difficult to read from it what you really learn. I also don't know the guys behind the courses. But listen to Bruno, he has watched the course and you can trust his review.