Richard

Multiple Media out to Color doesn't composite when in Edit

When I send 2 outputs from Fusion to Color page (masked differently - Index 1 and 0) 

I can get a combination of the softened masks in the color page with 2 sources,

but once switching to Edit, I only see one of the masks (which is the final screen shot) 

However sending Color only 1 Fusion masked clip  and the other clip with no masking works, like as shown in Lee's fantastic training video.

I have also tried feeding both Color nodes an alpha, and all combinations of alpha and alpha outputs and composite modes still fail to give the correct render to the edit page.

Strangely it shows correctly on the Deliver page, but renders out the same way it looks in the timeline.  Compound clip didn't help.

4K log project,   OS X Resolve 15.3.008

1537819551_ScreenShot2019-07-06at6_03_41AM.thumb.png.6875224930e940cab17b729cd3850d05.png1471175546_ScreenShot2019-07-06at6_04_54AM.thumb.png.ad33940d256216234f4ac8f72d8a0665.png1548659262_ScreenShot2019-07-06at6_10_14AM.thumb.png.bebabfd23a98d93ccb5a2bf151c4fb11.png

Edited by Richard
12 hours ago, Richard said:

When I send 2 outputs from Fusion to Color page (masked differently - Index 1 and 0) 

I can get a combination of the softened masks in the color page with 2 sources,

but once switching to Edit, I only see one of the masks (which is the final screen shot) 

However sending Color only 1 Fusion masked clip  and the other clip with no masking works, like as shown in Lee's fantastic training video.

I have also tried feeding both Color nodes an alpha, and all combinations of alpha and alpha outputs and composite modes still fail to give the correct render to the edit page.

Strangely it shows correctly on the Deliver page, but renders out the same way it looks in the timeline.  Compound clip didn't help.

4K log project,   OS X Resolve 15.3.008

The workflow between Fusion and the other tabs is a bit odd.

One workaround would be to stack clips in the Edit tab and give each clip a unique mask in Fusion. The Edit tab will combine the masked clips correctly. To switch between clips in Fusion, toggle the film strip on/off button for each clip in the Edit tab. Each clip will appear in the Color tab, but each will have it own node network; however, you can copy the color grade from one clip to another pretty easily. When both clips are turned on in the Edit tab, the resulting combined stack of the Edit tab will be seen in the Color tab.

Thanks for the explanation Lee.   I’ll post as a request on BMD forums to get this functionality working as I think this would be a beneficial workflow. Interestingly on reboot the multiple outs of fusion didn’t show up I color or deliver, like it had previously.