Margus Voll

Conform comparison

As im on student still and a lot of confusion for me so i have silly questions as well.

I have seen some conform tutorials and there they compare different tracs (regular clips vs offline)
side by side with cursors. Is there a way to do wipe and / or mix wipe for figuring out framing and scaling?

Im on a Basleight Two so not entirely sure what functionality the student version does or doesn't have but What we do here is create two timelines ; a conform timeline and a separate reference timeline.

Once the conform is complete we gang the two cursors and use the the wipe or 2x1 to shot check either by playing the show through or shuttling through it on the timeline.

If its me i tend to do it in real time if i have the time so i get a feel for the job, otherwise im pretty sure our busy assistants do it as fast as they can ;)

• Like 1
On 6/28/2019 at 3:32 PM, Chris DiBerardino said:

I just put the reference on a top track in the timeline, then I set it to 50% opacity and DX it that way.

You could also try 'difference' mode, which is really good for seeing slight mismatches in sizing or motion effects.

• Like 1