Clément Bouchet

Playhead sync with Master timeline Da Vinci Resolve

Hi everyone,

I'm using the Davinci Resolve for many years and I noticed it's missing a major "feature" that was in previous versions. (since version 14) When working in projects with a MASTER TIMELINE, I often grade within an AAF/XML timeline and render the master timeline.

What's happening now is that when I'm in the AAF timeline, and I need to see the current clip in the MASTER timeline, I used to be able to just switch to it via the drop down over the record monitor. However, when I switch to the master timeliine now, it just goes to the head of the master timeline instead of the selected clip. No sync between the playhead of the timeline I'm working in and the master timeline anymore.

I have already ticked the box "Sync master timeline to current frame" in the user preferences (I've also tried to restart resolve or build brand new projects)

It is happening since version 14. I have tried this on PC, mac and many computers. 

I really don't know what I'm missing.

Thank you for your time and sorry for the grammar.

Cheers,

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 4.44.19 pm.png