Alex Prohorushkin

Group grading

Hello everybody.
Working in different systems (Lustre , Nucoda, Resolve) use very often a function of group grading.
Of course it is also in Baselight there.

However, not enough function when you can leave visible only group.
This is very important when there is a large number of grading shots. (For example in the movie)

What dp you think about it?

Alex.

Ive come from Mistika where there was no real way to group grade multiple shots together on the timeline, So the group grading in baselight for me is alot better, but i don't know if ive gotten the hang of it or if its a limitation of the function but i noticed that keys and shapes didn't update and carry across the group? 

Maybe its new user trouble if im honest ;-)

• Like 1

Just to follow up on this - after reading some of the user guide the group grade only works on the primaries and not keys or curves. 

I know that in version 5.0 there is going to be improvements made in the selection of groups via the shots panel but i don't know what actual group grading functionality will be upgraded.

Personally (and again this maybe because i need more time to sit and play) id like to see:

-Curves and Selections carry over in group grades

-Way to navigate from shot to shot in a group, 

For me resolve group grades function works perfect in features. It's save my time when applying look. 

Also It is very comfortable for isolate group of shots in color page. You can create smart filter for groups which las t time help me a lot while doing some client comments.

Edited by Yerlan Tanayev