Emil Öberg

Connect Media Out to Source of another clip on the color page

Basically what I would like to do is create a copy of a raw file and do masking on the copy in fusion and then be able to use those masks for color work on the color page on the original raw file. Is there any way to connect a Media Out from a Fusion clip to a secondary source on a non-fusion clip? Or any other work around? My way so far has been to export masks from Fusion or Nuke and import them as mattes into Resolve but it would be great to be able to do it without rendering mattes inside of Resolve.

This might work for you...

Stack two copies of the clip (or two different clips) on the timeline. Mask the MediaIn tool in Fusion - this will use the top clip. In the Color tab, grade the top clip (which is listed as a second clip). The alpha channel is carried through, so the masked, graded top clip is automatically composited on top of the bottom clip.

4 hours ago, Lee Lanier said:

This might work for you...

Stack two copies of the clip (or two different clips) on the timeline. Mask the MediaIn tool in Fusion - this will use the top clip. In the Color tab, grade the top clip (which is listed as a second clip). The alpha channel is carried through, so the masked, graded top clip is automatically composited on top of the bottom clip.

I saw your youtube tutorial on this and it seems like it's as close as I can get. However, doing it this way, I still lose the raw file capabilities of the top clip. Thank you though and I really like your tutorials. Hope to see some more soon :)

• Like 1