Emil Öberg

Resolve not using the optimized media

No matter what quality I generate the optimized media in, there's no difference in the quality of the footage or playback. It seems like it's not using the optimized media generated. I checked in the cache chip folder and the media is created as .dvcc files. I'm using the latest version of Resolve 16 studio. Is this perhaps some bug?

I have done everything correctly as far as I know. On the media page, I can view the clips with the optimized media and turn them on and off and it works fine, but for some reason in the timeline, only the original media is being played back.

Yeah I did. I've found out it is something wrong with this one specific timeline. If I create new timelines and add those same clips from the media bin, it actually works to switch optimized media on. I guess something has happened with that specific timeline. 

Anyways, thanks!

This have happened to me twice with two different projects. Last week it was with a music video.

My solution has been:  Color Page Playback, Delete Render Cache>All<
Second, Delete Optimized Media. Then, from Media Pool: Generate Optimize Media.
It seems to be a bug in Resolve where at some point no matter from where or what optimization media we choose, it doesn’t work.
Edited by Willian Aleman

hello Emil, I am having the same problem, but creating a new timeline doesnt solve the problem.

What do you think is the origin of this issue?.

Davinci is not using the supossed optimized media. I am really stuck on this.