Tom Evans

Dado Valentic seminars

I have watched a couple of the seminars with Dado and I just want to state my opinion on them. They are pure sale hallelujah meetings for a plug in this guy has made and I feel a bit angry that I have scheduled time to look at this nonsense. People in the chat asks questions about how to do this and that and you never get a qualified answer, it's more in the line of 'its not possible to get a great result with the built in color management system in Resolve, you need to get my plug-in'. Dado, if you see this: A big shame on you!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I highly doubt both Dado's technical expertise and grading experience.
In my opinion, he is a good salesman but the stories about him being an award winning colorist and color scientist don't quite hold up.

There was a joke in a colorist meeting I attended where we would ask everyone coming in if they gave money to Dado. Most of them did :))

• Like 1

I have a attended one of Dado's training sessions and found it entertaining, enlightening and inspirational. There are a select few who have opened up the dark art and are sharing their wealth of knowledge from the betterment and craft. I think we can all benefit from having an engineer, craftsman and thinker who wants to share their own passion and time with the community.

I totally respect the views of others, just sharing my personal experience 🙂 . And remember colours are beautiful, colouring is a privilege and use it to spread joy!🌈

Edited by Tom Aston