Canberk Erdoğan

Resolve Node Disable/Enable Crash

I haven't seen this problem in 15.3.1 on Mac OSX 10.14.5, either with the Mini Panel or the Advanced Panels.

How many nodes? What specific hardware are you using? I typically use anywhere between 15 and 30 nodes, but there's a lot of "it depends" in there. I do run with quite a few nodes bypassed when they're not needed, but I certainly do a lot of enable/bypass actions when I'm doing a trim pass.

3 hours ago, Marc Wielage said:

I haven't seen this problem in 15.3.1 on Mac OSX 10.14.5, either with the Mini Panel or the Advanced Panels.

How many nodes? What specific hardware are you using? I typically use anywhere between 15 and 30 nodes, but there's a lot of "it depends" in there. I do run with quite a few nodes bypassed when they're not needed, but I certainly do a lot of enable/bypass actions when I'm doing a trim pass.

Ei Marc, I think the issue is due to the usb, I changed to ethernet and the issue disapeared. Now my knobs are little bit laggy but at least there is no crash. I'm using a i9 64gb ram dual 1070, and I do work usually with around 20 fixed nodes, but I tried and this issue can be replicated with 2 nodes. I do think is a hardware problem.

Hi Guys

Having this same problem with Micro Panel on Windows 10 and 15.3.1.

Unplugged the micro panel and I can disable on and off using the keyboard all day long.
When I plug it in it hangs after 1-4 presses depending on its mood.

I can't work out why exaactly its happening. I'll be working away with no problems and then suddenly its a problem and doesnt go away no matter how many times I close down and reopen. One trigger for the problem seems to be changing the opacity of a compound node somewhere in the project and it is only a trigger issue on certain clips. I'm pretty baffled.

Intel - i7 4770

32GB RAM

1080Ti 11GB

On 6/10/2019 at 9:42 AM, Marc Wielage said:

Hi Marc, sorry for answering your questions late. By this time ı figured out that it's not about the node structure. However, if you use keyrames for a node with changing values of key (opacity) in time, In my system if ı disable/enable it repeatedly resolve crashes. Also it may be about usb or harddrive issue because i have to use the same harddisk that ı read the files from. 

Anyways, it's not so important because ı use live saving mode and lose nothing at all but can be very frustrating when a client is sitting with you, and just wondered if it's a common issue and wanted to hear the ideas.

Thank you all for your answers.

I have micro panel, 16GB RAM,  GTX1060 and Intel - i7 7700K.