Nicolas Hanson

No OpenCL Acceleration Hardware Detected

I have an old Mac with an ATI Radeon HD 2600 card that I would like to set up to do some transcoding. When I open DaVinci it says "No OpenCL Acceleration Hardware Detected", followed by "Please quit Resolve and install a OpenCL accelerated GPU card or update your OpenCL software driver to the latest version before continuing to use Resolve". 

Can I continue to use my card or do I need to insert a new GPU card?

57 minutes ago, Nicolas Hanson said:

Can I run DaVinci without OpenCL by deactivating the option?

I don't think there's way of disabling the startup GPU test. I suspect Resolve would not work at all without OpenCL/CUDA capable GPUs. Even if you have a qualified card, Resolve won't start if you don't have the correct GPU drivers installed. I've had this happen to me when I update the software to the latest version.

I've had Resolve running on a Quadro 4000. Quite an old card, but passes the test, and will generally play 1080p material with a couple of nodes in real-time if you view in half resolution mode. This was on a Win 7 dual processor workstation running Resolve 12.5, using the latest Nvidia CUDA drivers.

I've seen these cards second-hand on Ebay for around 100 dollars.

• Like 1

If you are on Windows 10 and using an Nvidia card, Windows Update might have messed up the Nvidia driver (it loves to do that). Re-installing the Nvidia driver (with any recent version) should fix it.