Nico Wieseneder

Colourgrading Showreel 2018 | Nico Wieseneder, ARTJUNGLEproductions

Hi everyone!
Here's my Colour-Reel from 2018: 

Would love to get some feedback from other Colourists.
I know it's always hard to judge from a reel but maybe some of you have some helpful inputs.

There's stuff included from a feature, some shorts, TVCs, one cinema commercial and some online spots and musicvideos of local bands.
Thanks a lot already & enjoy!

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for you feedback, Tom. Very appreciated. You're definitely right that a selection of films would tell more about my skills (at least for other Colorists) but in my experience a reel like I did it is better for production companies, agencies, and so on,.. can you share that experience or not? I'm really curious. 

A reel like this can say something about if you are into music videos, local spots or do Hollywood blockbusters etc. 

From your reel I can tell that you do local work because of the texts. Indie projects and probably some shorts and narratives because there aren't many money shots in there. Definitely not into high-end features and commercials.

If that is what you want to say with your reel, keep pushing it. If you want to get into more higher end, this might not be the best way. It's all about what you want to communicate.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Yeah you‘re definitely right. I‘m not working on high-end commercials or features. Just started as a fulltime Colorist in 2018 and I‘m not in a (big) posthouse or something. But I‘ll always try to improve so you feedback definitely helps. Thanks!