Marcelo Cosme

Zotac Geforce Gtx 1080 Ti Amp Edition 11gb

It should be good enough to do basic color correction, a couple windows and maybe an OFX plugin.  32GB is enough RAM, but more importantly you need a decent CPU as well.  It also depends on what codec you are grading.

If you are grading 4k HDR DPX, you are going to need a really fast RAID.  If you are grading Pro res, then your drives can be a bit slower, but then you are going to need your CPU to do a bit heavier lifting.  The graphics card really only effects real time playback when adding nodes.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Chris DiBerardino said:

It should be good enough to do basic color correction, a couple windows and maybe an OFX plugin.  32GB is enough RAM, but more importantly you need a decent CPU as well.  It also depends on what codec you are grading.

If you are grading 4k HDR DPX, you are going to need a really fast RAID.  If you are grading Pro res, then your drives can be a bit slower, but then you are going to need your CPU to do a bit heavier lifting.  The graphics card really only effects real time playback when adding nodes.  

Thanks Chris, I use PCI SSD and RAID to work. 

55 minutes ago, Chris DiBerardino said:

What's your processor?  Also, are you doing supervised sessions on this system or working unsupervised?  If unsupervised I'd say you can work on anything as long as it is capable of running the program.  Then it's just a matter of what performance you can tolerate!  

Intel I7 8 Gen...

Just guessing off the info I have, but I think that setup should be fine for doing some 4k work.  HDR requires pretty beefy IO bandwidth also, not to mention a reference HDR monitor which I'll just assume you have access to.  But yeah, it's probably a pretty weak setup for supervised work, but unsupervised, I think you will be able to get by.

i've got two frontline machines, no issues doing supervised UHD sessions with a 2 x 2690's /1x 1080ti, no real diff between that and the machine with 2x2697v2's and 2x 1080Ti's in a session, they both respond pretty much the same from the surface, need to cache third party OFX in either,  don't have to cache native OFX if they are GPU acelearated, never have seen a out of mem error @ UHD

the diffrence comes into play when rendering out after the client leaves 😉