Lewis G.

Color Correction of Projected Images

First of all, I'm not 100% certain if this is the best place to ask a question like this, but it seemed like the place to begin my witch hunt.

I'm currently in the process of opening a small business centered around selling area rugs. However what we're doing is a little different because we aren't going to have any in store product. It's all digital and we're using a projector to display life size rugs in a mock living room setting. All of that aside what I need to accomplish is making sure the color of my projected image matches up with the real life rug itself (which I have samples of to color correct against.) As you may know when the projector projects the image a lot of color is lost so what I'm doing is altering the digital image using adobe lightroom and photoshop and comparing that projected image to the real thing. The projector is a Sony VPL5HZ700L. If you can offer any advice on how to off set this difference in color that would be incredibly invaluable.

Thanks,

CharlyWho.

This is a tough one.  If you're projecting on a screen in a room that is not dark (you need to see the living room), then a calibration may not work so well. The screen will be contaminated by the room light.  I think you might be better served using a wall of displays rather than a projector.