Nicolas Hanson

Neat Video alternatives?

Internal denoiser won't give you so features, tools and possibilities as NeatVideo. I'd say NeatVideo is not denoiser but system of denoise. But most others are denoisers. So here is by situation. Generally in about 90% cases I need denoiser to make picture a lil better than it is. But there are situations when I really need powerful system to recover the image without sending this to other department.

If the alternative doesn't need to be OFX compatible, best in class certaily is DVO Clarity from Digital Vision.

You can get it as an additional plugin for Nucoda, or Loki, or included in Phoenix.

Obviously that's a completely different price range, but it definitely is the best denoiser on the planet.

You can also add their Thor card and buy the Thor-enabled version of DVO Clarity, if your every day's business is realtime 4K denoising.

Alternatively, is you happen to have Marquise Technologies' MIST (transcoding + DCP and IMF mastering system), you can also add any DVO as a plugin to it, including the Thor enabled versions.

Edited by Mazze

I think there's been some strange community decision that the internal Resolve denoising wasn't good, and a lot of people have been ignoring it without actually testing it out.

I myself used to think that, until I read the Resolve manual a few years ago and figured out how to properly use it. The spatial NR used to be pretty terrible, but the temporal NR has always been very good, not to mention extremely fast. And since 12.5, the spatial noise reduction is actually doing a pretty decent job too.

I use Neat Video in Premiere and AE, and I have a licence for the Resolve OFX version but I never think about using it, to be honest. It has some advantages with big messy grain, but its workflow is very time consuming, and I wouldn't be denoising as many shots in a project if I decided to use it over the Resolve tools.

On 25/11/2016 at 11:39 AM, Alex Prohorushkin said:

For Baselight and Lustre, does it have alternatives? 

For Lustre you have the Workflowers plugins.

I am not 100% sure wether they contain a denoiser, though.

But those are pretty mcuh the only plugins for Lustre out there.

Maybe Cedric can comment on those here (and tell wether they are still available).

Cheers,

Mazze

• Like 1