Adéyẹmi

Pet. against unfair colourist credits.

Ladies and gentlemen, what is your take on the industries reason for not making attempt to honour and furthering the public awareness of the colourist? Doesn't it seem unusual to be credited after the "paint buyer" and "catering". In my opinion, I believe the colourists credit should be placed right after the DOP's or editor's. Any comments on this?

Meh.

The only validation I need is knowing that the people paying me like my work. DPs, Editors, Directors, Cinematographers, etc all know what credit to look for and where to look. I don't think it's that big of a deal. The whole process is collaborative and I'd rather focus on gaining respect amongst my peers and industry colleagues, rather than where my name lists in the credits

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cameronrad said:

Meh.

The only validation I need is knowing that the people paying me like my work. DPs, Editors, Directors, Cinematographers, etc all know what credit to look for and where to look. I don't think it's that big of a deal. The whole process is collaborative and I'd rather focus on gaining respect amongst my peers and industry colleagues, rather than where my name lists in the credits

Fair enough.