Anton Meleshkevich

DeckLink Video Delay

Is this normal to have 10-15 frames (25 fps) delay between my GUI monitor and my external monitor?
I tested my decklink mini monitor on different machines, different operating systems, HDMI and SDI, consumer TV and SDI monitors,  tried different settings in davinci resolve.
I get this delay in Resolve (12,5 and 15b8), in premiere pro, in avid media composer. I have latest drivers and software versions.

But if I just connect my TV to HDMI port of my nvidia card, I have almost no delay. But when I use device made for exactly that purpose I got this delay. I know, I can to match it to GUI monitor. But problem is the actual delay.
Ok. For premiere pro i can just use nvidia HDMI and edit that way.
But when I grade in Resolve, I have to move color wheel. Wait 0,5 second. See result. Move color wheel again.
Is this a typical and normal thing?
I read different opinions. Somebody says that it is ok, somebody says, he/she doesn't have this delay at all.

You should definitely not be getting this sort of delay.

If you look at the end of this YouTube video, you'll see the sort of performance you should be getting...

You can probably just about see the slight delay (that Jussi mentioned) when the timeline is being scrubbed. This is usually due to the normal delay that LCD/LED panels exhibit.

Since you've tested this with other hardware/software, it seems to be pointing to a fault on the card itself.

• Like 1