Virgil Edward

CSI Sponsors

How do I get references or sponsors from CSI members? I'm willing to pay for the annual membership fee, but there are no CSI members here in the Philippines. I have a three years experience of working with TVC and Digital projects, worked with a DaVinci Advanced Panel, also a DaVinci Resolve Certified User. It's really hard to find mentors here, and websites such as this, and Mixing Light are a big help. I want to improve and learn more from the seasoned professionals and veterans in the field.

Thanks!

Personally, I think that the membership requirements are a joke. Your best best is probably to get to know other colorists online to get the recommendations. That said, I'm not sure what you will gain from joining them really.

Full Member - $120 (USD) Subscription period: 1 year

Open to all professional colorists, telecine operators, color timers and DITs with a minimum 3 years verifiable experience. Full Membership requires two Full Member references, or one Full Member plus a paying client or employer reference. Dues are to be paid once the Membership has been approved by the CSI. Approved Members are entitled to use CSI as a suffix to their name, have access to private member blogs and forums and receive discounts on applicable courses. Members appear in the CSI Member Directory available to other members and sponsors.

Half of the people recommended me were out of my country so it can be done.
I personally like the procedure as at least one time i have been approached buy colorist who's background was more like youtuber than colorist. SO i see it as good screening model for now.