Tiffen works quite fast.

Also can recommend BorisFX (Continuum and RED).

Works pretty solid and fast.

However, 99% of the time, people use OFX to either

- denoise

- timewarp

- apply grain

Everything else I've seen only rarely being used.

• Like 3

Neat Video is king for NR, but since I´ve begun using Resolve 12.5 Studio, I am using Neat less, since Resolve has a improved NR. The built-in NR is real time in many cases, depending on your hardware, and it render caches quickly if needed.

Film Convert is also cool, mainly for film grain but Resolve 12.5 Studio has got built-in Film Grain now, so if this does a good job, then I will most probably start using the built in solution instead. Film Convert also includes the possibility to mix in "film color" and "film curves" to create a quick "filmstock" look. But defaults seldom work, so it needs some tweaking in conjunction with your normal grading tools. 

/ Dylan

• Like 3

Great insight @Dylan R. Hopkin! I like to keep it clean, and I prefer not to use plugins unless I need to. I remember the first versions of Resolve and how slow the NR was. I haven't gotten into the feature since the original version because it gave such a bad impression. The feature was überslow and made the system crash every time. 

It could be quite interesting if BMD could make grain that can compete with the real grain plates out there.

Since the release of Resolve 12.5 it is possible to compile custom OFX plugins specifically for the software. The DCTL option is a quicker and easier approach to custom scripting (and an excellent one at that), but when adjustable parameters are required you'll need OFX.

Given the potential for open source expansion (and emulation of features present in other software), I'm a bit surprised it hasn't become a bigger deal. Perhaps it will in time.

I've put together a few examples. Most are both CUDA and OpenCL compliant. The plugins are for Mac OSX, but the source files for compiling on other platforms are included, plus the DCTLs work cross-platform (Studio version).

https://github.com/baldavenger

http://liftgammagain.com/forum/index.php?threads/dctls-and-resolve-ofx.7046/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 7.12.2016 at 5:41 PM, Paul Dore said:

I've put together a few examples. Most are both CUDA and OpenCL compliant. The plugins are for Mac OSX, but the source files for compiling on other platforms are included, plus the DCTLs work cross-platform (Studio version).

Thank you very much Paul, I will definitely download and try. 

Paul, are those free open source plugins for Resolve?

I extracted them and copied each *.ofx file into C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins

I also tried copying the folders *.ofx.bundle into the ...OFX\Plugins folder.

But I don't see them in the Color Page's OFX Library folder.

Edited by Daniel Peter Moretti
  • Like 1
On 5/19/2017 at 6:58 PM, Paul Dore said:

It's an attempt at emulating Baselight's FilmGrade.

Thought the log and pivot controls were exactly the same, except for the Baselight's exposure tab that is identical by moving the three offset sliders in DaVinci simultaneously up and down.

Hello Paul, thank you to take the initiative in developing solutions for our dear Davinci Resolve.

I need some manual or a simpler explanation of how it works.
Example: ResolveMathxtra.ofx

I did not understand what I should do ...
Could you explain me how to use it?

Thank you!