Marcelo Cosme

HDR SDR Workflow

Hello everyone.

I'm starting to study HDR color correction. Currently working / studying on a Win10 station running Davinci R15 Studio, Decklink Mini Monitor 4k and 3 Dell monitor, being 2 1080 (GUI and Scope) and a 4k HDR (model: UP2718Q) connected to Decklink through the HDMI port using an Atevon cable 4K. I know it's not the best setup for HDR, but it's a Home Office workstation, and I do not think anyone can have a Dolby Pulsar at home ...

I did some tests, viewing on LG TVs B7 through Youtube and worked well the HDR that I rated in Resolve. But now I would like to take a step forward, I want to be able to simultaneously view the HDR and SDR classification using 2 monitors. I know the process of using the Right Eye / Left Eye stereo grading tools to make adjustment passes for Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) / High Dynamic Range (HDR) color gradients.

My questions now are what I need to change in my current setup and how to do this split signal, right eye monitor SDR, left eye Monitor HDR for example.

I can send through my Decklink Mini Monitor, send 2 signals one through the HDMI to one monitor and another through the SDI to another monitor using an SDI to HDMI converter?

Or I need to buy another card with DeckLink 8K Pro for example and an SDI to HDMI converter (remembering that it's home, I need the best cost benefit) ...

How do I specify which monitor is the HDR and what is the SDR?

Thank you!