Hi.

I wonder do we have any Firefly Cinema tools users here?

I was talking to them yesterday and it really seems interesting as it feels similar to Baselight in some ways.

Also the idea of range of tools seems interesting. On set clip management, proxy workflow, live grade, separate raw player and final color suite as well plus a tool that feels similar to Frame.io but with Firefly cloud or in some cases even on your own server.

In a way complete workflow in color sense from set to grading and some other tools on top like dailies for the current film you work on with markers and comments and such.

Not sure about pricing yet but the idea is nice to me for complete workflow and with strong color background as the main guys are thirty year veterans on film.

Here is also link if you would like to explore it on web:

https://fireflycinema.com/color-grading-solutions/firepost-powerful-color-grading-for-post/  

• Like 1

I already worked on Linux version it's was nice realtime, even you can do proxy caching, and stable caching. About shape it's very similar to lustre, it mean very intuitive bezier and IN / OUT precise like Baselight better than resolve. Also you have 2 in 1 about node and layer, you can switch view between them, and work like layer base or work like node way.

You can switch between LUT by up and down arrows very nice. About debayer setup, it's look similar to other tools, sdk standard.

Edited by Yov Moor
  • Thanks 1

Interesting to see ho fast i could do some stuff there differently compared to Resolve in speed getting in to base look mainly on input node. Have to see how the same shots hold up in Baselight. In a way less tools in comparison to Resolve at first but some ways it feels faster on Arri raw now and i'm not even sure why.

Maybe another day i will drag my Elements panel over to see what lights up in menus.

Sure i do not undrestand many things about conform and colors yet but for 2 hours playing without manuals at all things start to take shape.

Second day update:

I have been testing now on my imac that is not the freshest and coolest with some Arri raw files on HD timeline on external usb3 drive. It is feeling fast in terms of color manipulation and later playback. Sure i have not covered all the aspects yet and also not read any manuals or such so my workflow abilities seem limited. What amazes me most is the feeling that it is not hard at all to use it and get the results. 
Logic is something in between from Scratch to Baselight in terms of layers / nodes.

Some tools i like more now compared to Resolve for example like "free" wipe that you can adjust and rotate as you please, also aces feels more natural somehow and curves seem to be animatable.

I see no reason why not to try it on feature job perhaps or commercial.